Sunday, December 27, 2009

Using Amazon’s Kindle in the Philippines

Sunday, December 27, 2009


There are plenty of free ebooks online as well you can read on the Kindle.
From the unlawyer blog:  The latest Kindle firmware update, Version 2.3, has a PDF reader already built in, so an updated Kindle can now read PDF files without being first converted into an AZW file.

On the negative side: since my Kindle 2 is associated with a Philippine address, I can only make purchases from the international section of the Kindle store. The selections are somewhat less due to what I think are Amazon’s limited rights to sell certain e-books outside of the United States. Plus, they cost more to boot – I suppose to help pay for the cost of sending all that data through a foreign mobile phone network. I might as well mention that certain elements of newspapers and magazines, like graphics and pictures, are omitted from the downloaded material if purchased from said store.Continue reading here   http://www.unlawyer.net/?p=3025

My note:  There are plenty of free ebooks online as well you can read on the Kindle. 

 Check out some at my postinghttp://kindlephilippines.blogspot.com/2009/12/you-can-find-more-than-ten-thousand.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
KINDLE IN THE PHILIPPINES. Design by Pocket